Who are we?
VitaTalent Limited and we are the data controller for your Personal Data and we hold your information via Mailchimp, an e mail service provider.
VitaTalent is committed to protecting any personal information that you may provide to us and we believe it is important that you know how we treat the information about you that we may receive from this website.
What information do we collect?
When you use the VitaTalent website we collect certain personally-identifiable information, this will depend on what part of the website is used such as
- When you make a purchase we will collect personal information such as your email address, name and address and credit card details.
- If you register for the VitaTalent Email Marketing Newsletter we will collect your email address and use this to notify you of new products, competitions, special offers and relevant service information. You can opt out at any time by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found at the bottom of all weekly emails to opt out.
- We use marketing data which that is obtained through your interactions with our website and marketing communication such as email where we collect information such as whether you open the email or click on the links.
- In the event that you do not register or buy on the VitaTalent website, we and our third party partners who provide advertisements and content may collect information, for example where you are on the internet (e.g. the website address you came from, IP address, domain types) and technical information such as your browser type and the pages of the VitaTalent website that you viewed during your visit.
What do we do with the information we collect?
All of the personal information that we collect will be stored on secure servers, and treated as completely confidential. Your data is used for a variety of reasons such as:
- Using your personal details to process your order or provide order status updates, and to respond to your customer service queries.
- We use this information to help us with the general running of the website, make improvements, fix technical issues, personalise your experience and to speed up future visits such as log in and saved items in the basket.
- We may use this information to provide content or advertising to you on the VitaTalent Website with the aim of providing a more personalised experience based on your preferences and browsing history.
- We may use your information for market research, analysis and developing statistics to get an understanding of business performance and our customer profile to see how we can better serve our customers and improve business performance.
- We may use information for management and auditing of our business operation including accounting.
- You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
How we approach Data Security?
To prevent unauthorised access to your data, we follow the appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information which you have given to us.
You can help preserve your privacy by ensuring that your password that you use to access password protect areas contains a mixture of lower and upper case letters, along with numbers. You should never share your password with anyone else, and always log out of your account if you are using a public computer.
We only accept transactions through web browsers that allow communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, so that your order is processed on a secure connection. Credit card details are processed through our merchant service providers, where your credit card information is encrypted so that it remains protected and private as it is processed through the internet.
By using the VitaTalent website you acknowledge and agree that:
- By registering and using our website and any services/products offered via our website, certain personal information about you will be captured electronically or otherwise and transmitted to VitaTalent.
- If you do not want us to use your personal data for marketing purposes please ensure that you untick/tick the relevant boxes situated in the account creation and purchasing process. If at any time you have given permission for us to use your data for marketing purposes and you would like to revoke this permission, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any VitaTalent marketing emails, or by contacting us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we retain your personal information?
Unless we advise otherwise, we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- A reasonable business need exists such as managing our relationship with you, managing our operations and performing analysis and auditory tasks.
- We continue to provide purchased goods or services to you unless we are instructed otherwise.
Our data retention periods are in line with legal and regulatory requirements/guidance.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
All individuals have rights under the data protection laws, some of which do not apply in all cases. Should you wish to exercise these rights, we will explain after the point of contact on whether they can be used or not.
As an individual you have:
1) The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
2) The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate
3) The right to have incomplete personal information completed
4) The right to object to processing of your personal information
5) The right to restrict processing of your personal information
6) The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
7) The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
8) The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information. The right or Data portability is effective from May 2018
9) Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk. You can contact us using the details below.
How do I get in contact if I have any questions?